Most wealth managers outsource the investment management of their clients’ portfolios. Bernstein, by contrast, takes an integrated approach. We manage almost all of our portfolios in-house, leveraging our renowned global research, because having in-depth knowledge of all of your positions on a real-time basis allows us to:
- Avoid performance chasing when selecting asset classes and portfolios
- Manage risk comprehensively without reducing long-term returns
- Reduce taxes more effectively. We assess potential trades on an after-tax basis, taking into account all the gains and losses across the portfolios
Our integrated solution starts with wealth planning and asset allocation. We deploy our platform to help clients choose the best mix of investment strategies to populate their asset mix based on their objectives. A senior team guides this process to make sure every client gets the best we have to offer.
INTEGRATED MANAGEMENT HELPS PREVENT PERFORMANCE-CHASING
- Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results.
- *Fund flows are represented by total net new cash flow into US-equity funds.
- **US municipal bonds are represented by the Lipper Short/Intermediate Blended Municipal Fund Average, US stocks by the S&P 500.
- There can be no assurance that working with a financial advisor will improve investment results. Investors cannot invest directly in indices. The results for the average US-municipal-fund and stock-fund investors are in the Dalbar study “Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior” (QAIB), 2014. QAIB calculates investor returns, capturing realized and unrealized capital gains, dividends, interest, trading costs, sales charges, fees, expenses and any other costs, annualized over the period.
- Source: BusinessWeek, Dalbar, Investment Company Institute, Lipper, Standard & Poor’s and AllianceBernstein